Tuesday, August 19, 2008

So far...So Good

Today Elijah had all 4 wisdom teeth removed. So far...so good. Looks pretty good, eh?

The day started with a meeting at 7 am. I sit on the production team at our church and I get to evaluate and celebrate the service from the previous Sunday. Afterward we talk about upcooming services, sermon series and desired outcomes. I had considered missing this meeting with E's surgery pending this morning. I am so glad I didn't. I need the people I sit at the table with on Tuesday mornings. Even if my mind was 1,000 other places, I was glad I went. Not sure if I contributed a thing but I am glad I was there nonetheless.

After leaving the meeting, I ran by the house and made 2 bowls of jello and 1 bowl of pudding. Now--we are ready to conquer the wrath of oral surgery!! We packed up and headed to Midlothian.

The funniest thing that happened was in the waiting room. Elijah and I arrived to a somewhat empty waiting room and then they starting coming....one by one.....we became surrounded by pre-medicated patients. I had opted NOT to give Elijah the prescribed diazepam. I am so glad I did! These teenagers were HIGH out of their minds! Some could not sit upright in the chair, others were being loud and giggly while their parent wanted to crawl under their seat. Others had slurred speech and kept wanting to break the "turn off your cellphone" rule. It was quite the scene!

Elijah and I just kept looking at each other like "What on God's green earth is going on here????"

Anyway...Elijah went through his procedure just fine. Didn't say too many hysterical things for me to post here. He did keep asking me if someone "carried" him into the post procedure room because he does not remember walking!

No, Elijah. You walked. I promise.

After we got home, Sarah brought him a milkshake which was awesome of her.

Right now there are 8 friends hanging out in the living room watching a movie with him.

We are keeping on the ice and will continue that regimen all through the night. No pain meds. Only good 'ol ibuprofen and an antibiotic.

Thanks for all the concern and the prayers! God is good!

4 comments:

Ktea said...

wow
8 friends watching a movie...i wish i was that lucky when i had my teeth out! ahaha. oh well, i do believe your son and sarah came over to give me some ice cream which was awfully nice of them...i'm sad i couldn't do the same for him! tell him i apologize and good luck and keep the ice on so he doesn't swell tomorrow! :) i'm glad it went well...


-Katie

ps: i was on valium before my surgery :D it was nuts. i was sooo mellow...

Kelley said...

I, for one, am VERY disappointed you didn't give him the drugs... the stories could have been priceless... :O)

Jayne said...

All I remember is waking up hurting, in the hospital, and taking a week to recover. They've come a long way baby. Glad he did so well!

Sandy said...

Hey Jackie,

Remember the panty hose with the ice packs in them tied at the top or bags of frozen peas. It works great for the swelling. Let me know if I can do anything for YOU. Love you Friend.

Sandy